Tom Rezendes, PGA, Golf Channel Lead Coach
To get golfers shooting lower scores by utilizing TrackMan, The SwingCatalyst Force Plate and GEARS 3D Technology to quickly diagnose and give the proper correction to improve your swing.
My background in Golf:
After becoming a PGA Class A Professional in 2011 I have followed my passion to learn everything I can about the golf swing and teaching golf. As a result, I have been able to assist fellow golf professionals seeking advice on golf instruction. Since opening NorCal Golf Academy, I have also advised in the design and layout of world class instructional facilities around the world including the Meadow Club in Fairfax, CA, Bobby Clampett’s Impact Zone World Headquarters, local universities and K-Vest. When time allows I enjoy playing in PGA section tournaments, as this brings back my competitive side and tests the state of my game. Playing has always given me joy, but it is teaching golf that truly fuels my fire. I have been honored to be named the #14 ranked instructor in California by my peers in the 2017/2018 Golf Digest “Best Teachers In State” and look forward to the never ending journey of learning and improving Golfer’s motions.
At the Academy:
Ranked by Golf Digest as the number 14 instructor in California and one of the highest certified and trained instructors in the state, I take pride in helping golfers on the road to improvement quickly. Utilizing TrackMan radar technology, Swing Catalyst Balance Plate and GEARS Motion Capture I can measure every facet of my student’s motion and give quantifiable data on what needs improvement and what is working properly. I am the only Certified Golf Biomechanist in Northern California and am certified and own one the few GEARS systems in Northern California. I truly believe that in this day and age golfers seeking to improve their game should not have to settle for a lesson where the instructor is guessing and without 3D technology that is exactly what they are doing! My motto is “If you are not assessing than you are guessing” .
Along with utilizing industry leading technology, a instructor must be able to convey the right fix in an easily understood approach which is where my wealth of knowledge truly shines. With golf instruction certifications which include The Golfing Machine, Titleist Performance Institute, Manzella Certified and Impact Zone Golf, I am able to phrase things many different ways to accommodate for all different learning styles, making the learning process not only easy but lasting.
I believe that I will truly help make every golfer, no matter their ability or goals, experience learning and improving their game at NorCal Golf Academy a journey that is filled with discovery, excitement and enjoyment.
Certifications and Experience:
- Golf Digest Top 50 Instructor in California 2017-2018 (#14)
- PGA Professional
- Foresight Sports Advisory Staff Member
- Manzella Certified Instructor
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Instructor (Levels 2&3)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Biomechanist (Level 2)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Junior Golf Coach (Levels 2&3)
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Golf Mechanics (Levels 2&3)
- Swing Catalyst Brand Ambassador
- Swing Catalyst Level 2 Certified Instructor
- K-Vest Certified Golf Instructor (Level 3)
- Authorized Instructor of The Golfing Machine (GSEB)
- Impact Zone Golf Advanced Level Certified Instructor
- Kwon 3D Certified(Level 1)
- Advanced Motion Measurement Certified Instructor
- Edel Golf Certified Fitter
- Have taught golf at local courses (Orinda Country Club, Poppy Ridge and Discovery Bay Country Club)
Curtis Rhoads, PGA, Dublin Facility Lead Instructor
Curtis is a Lead Instructor at our Walnut Creek location. A native Moragan and Class A PGA Professional with extensive experience in golf instruction at all levels, Curtis played for the USC men’s golf team and recently spent three years as an Assistant Coach for the distinguished Harvard men’s golf squad. Prior to that he was an Assistant Golf Professional at the Olympic Club for 14 years. Curtis has been a Class A PGA Professional for more than 10 years and is also TPI Certified.
My Golf Background:
LPGA Tour 2000-2004
UCLA, Mathematics Degree
NCAA First-Team All-American
Acalanes High School Graduate
I have been teaching golf for over 15 years in Northern California. My students include new golfers of all ages to professionals who play a the highest levels. I believe in teaching all facets of golf which includes simple but powerful mechanics through video and Trackman data analysis, shot making, versatile short game, efficient practices and strong mental games.
I have coached and guided over 30 junior golfers to play at elite colleges (including Harvard and Yale) through strategic planning of tournament schedules, marketing process to connect and communicate with coaches, positive motivation with goal setting, and statistical analysis to improve overall score.
My Teaching Background and Certifications:
Grayson Woods GC | Lead Instructor | 2002-current
Buchanan Fields GC | Golf Instructor | 2016-current
Elliot Busichio, Instructor
After playing 4 years of Division 1 College Golf and a tenure at Mare Island Golf Club as Head Pro/Tournament Director. We are thrilled to have Elliot share his extensive knowledge of the golf swing and strategies of the game. Elliot is a PGA Apprentice and is a certified Swing Catalyst Instructor.
Rick Eisenhour, USGTF
Rick is our resident AimPoint Certified Instructor. The only AimPoint Certified instructor in the East Bay, Rick offers private and small group AimPoint instruction.
- Member of the The United States Golf Teachers Federation (USGTF)
- Contra Costa Times Golf Coach of the Year – 2006
- Wright Balance Certified Fitter (Stance Width & Grip Size)
- Carondelet Girls Varsity Golf Coach-2013 EBAL Defending Champions.
- Past Miramonte Boys Varsity Golf & Orinda Middle School Golf Teams.
- Past Carondelet JV Girls Softball.
- Past Girls Fast Pitch Softball Teams 10U-18U. League and Travel Teams.
- California Standard Secondary Life Teaching Credential. With a BS in Mathematics.